Amberwood, the home of high milk production and championship stock, founded in 1976, now enters it's 36th year in the Dairy Goat Industry. Our bucks have been the foundation and/or the upgrading of many herds throughout the country. We have also been very fortunate in breeding many grand champions for other herds as well as our own. We have Nubian stock, LaMancha stock, Nubian semen, LaMancha semen, and buck services available. We will not sell any animals (especially bucks) that we would not retain in our own herd. Extended pedigrees and more information are available upon request.
Our Nubians are line bred on the great GCH ++*B Hallcienda Frosty Marvin (sire of ++*B Amberwood's Frosty Chancellor who has sired the three times (3 Xs) National Champion, Reserve National Champion, California State Champion, and California Reserve State Champions). We are returning to the source of our prior successes by again line breeding on GCH ++*B Hallcienda Frosty Marvin. We are confident we can continue to successfully line breed on this great buck through his sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters.
We are proud to announce that Amberwood Sun Ray sired the 2007 Missouri Nubian State Champion, Stagelight SR Kulea, owned by Evan Scherder of Bowling Green, MO. Congratulations Evan!
Our LaManchas are a combination of the National Champion lines of One Oak Hill, & Becca's, as well as the beautiful and consistent lines of Celtic-Knot. We are proud to announce that in 2007 our doe, CH Amberwood Golden Gingersnap, (owned by Amos Rocha) finished her championship. In 2008, Amberwood's Golden Moon Maiden finished her championship and is now a permanent champion.
2011 Again, we have been unable to find a caretaker to care for our animals for a weekend, making it difficult to attend shows this year. Hopefully, we will be able to rectify this situation and attend a couple of shows in 2012. ADGA & Gene Dershewitz made available a list of Top 20 Sires with GCH/CH progeny, according to the ADGA Genetics database. The herd sire topping the list (of all breeds) is, GCH ++*B Kismet Marvin's Smooth Operator with 50 CH/GCH offspring! Congratulations to Jean Lucas of Kismet, for breeding such a wonderful buck, and to those who owned, used and promoted him. His sire, GCH ++*B Hallcienda Frosty Marvin was the 2nd Nubian buck on the list with 25 CH/GCH offspring! In 2010 we attempted line breeding on Amberwood H.T Triton (LaMancha) and were very happy with the results. We are looking forward to 2012 as we have acquired and/or used new bucks in both the LaMancha and Nubian lines.
2010 Again, we have been unable to find a caretaker to attend to our animals for a weekend, making it difficult to attend shows this year. Hopefully, we will be able to rectify this situation and attend a couple of shows in 2011. This year we have attempted a few A.I. breedings and are awaiting the results of their blood tests. ADGA & Gene Dershewitz made available a list of Top 20 Sires with GCH/CH progeny, according to the ADGA Genetics database. The herd sire topping the list (of all breeds) is, GCH ++*B Kismet Marvin's Smooth Operator with 49 CH/GCH offspring! Congratulations to Jean Lucas of Kismet, for breeding such a wonderful buck, and to those who owned, used and promoted him. His sire, GCH ++*B Hallcienda Frosty Marvin was the 2nd Nubian buck on the list with 25 CH/GCH offspring!
2009 Now that I am 74 years of age, I have decided to reduce the size of my herd to make it more manageable. Even though I was unable to show this year, (due to inclement weather), many Amberwood animals did quite well in the show ring. Congratulations! I am looking forward to getting back into the ring in 2010.
2008 Show season highlights:
Even though our LaManchas have done well in the show ring, due to hard economic times, we have been forced to sell some of our older stock, both LaManchas and Nubians. We have been very fortunate that they all went to really good homes, where they will be utilized to their fullest.
2007 finds Amberwood in our new home in Missouri. Due to the challenges of the move we were unable to show. However, we are looking forward to getting back into the show ring in 2008. We also hope to participate in DHIR this coming spring.
2003 through 2006 have been years of "ups and downs" due to personal, medical, and financial challenges. These challenges have forced us to sell some of our very fine older stock and prohibited us from attending any shows at all. 2006 has been a year of vast changes, the biggest being our move to Missouri. Unfortunately, during our move, we lost our Sr. Herd Sire, Amberwood Chancellor's Vision. However, we are looking forward to our new home in beautiful Missouri.
In spite of the difficulties these past few years, we are looking forward to 2007 because of our good fortune in obtaining new additions to our herd through trade, reciprocal agreements, etc, as well as continuing a tightly line bred breeding program. We will continue to try and recapture some of our older Amberwood lines. Additionally, we hope to be able to participate in the linear appraisal program.
We wish to congratulate our good friends, Josiah & Jodi Klinedinst, of the J2K Capraio herd, for their display of many fine animals and show wins at their first National Show in 2006.
2002 show season highlights:
- Amberwood Thor's Sheleen placed 1st, 2nd & Res. Jr. CH.
- Amberwood Thor's Glory also placed 1st & 2nd (behind Sheleen).
- Our biggest surprise was that of our yearling buck, Rose Valley Horus, who won GCH and Res. GCH at his very first show.
- At the Mariposa County Fair (Open Show), S-Reedy Showstopper's Sunshine won 1st & Jr. Champion.
- At the Mariposa County Fair (Open Show), Rose Valley Private Scandals placed 1st.
2001 show season highlights:
- Shannon's Doll Sundays Best was Res. Grand Champion in both rings behind a permanent Champion and earned her permanent Champion status.
- Rose Valley Nebula was shown in the Jr. kid class and placed 1st in both rings.
2000 show season highlights:
- Our intermediate buck kid, Amberwood's Celebrity Knight , was Jr. Champion and Res. Senior Grand Champion.
- His litter sister, Amberwood's Celebrity Isis, was Jr. Champion as well.
- Amberwood's Celebrity Starr was also Jr. Champion and Best Doe In Show (second show).
- Amberwood's Celebrity Prelude was 1st in her class as well, at the Mariposa County Fair (Open Show).
1999 show season highlights:
- We did extremely well at the Mariposa County Fair (Open Show). All our kids were 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in their respective classes.
- Amberwood's Debonae, while she was the youngest in the classes, won Jr. Champion.
- Sharade, our 2 year old milker, won Grand Champion.
We have enjoyed many successes and would like to thank Alice Hall of Hallcienda for breeding the great GCH ++*B Hallcienda Frosty Marvin (our foundation sire). Most of all, we would like to thank Barbara Thrasher of Pepperwood Farm for her tremendous insight in purchasing Marvin as a youngster and giving us our start through breedings, purchases, and mentoring.
Amberwood highly recommends the following, very informative, articles:
- Please see the tribute, “In Memoriam”, that appeared in The Dairy Goat Journal, (Vol. 60 No. 12), March, 1983 publication.
- A tribute to GCH ++*B Hallcienda Frosty Marvin. Written for The Dairy Goat Journal, (Vol. 61 No. 3) appearing in their March, 1983 publication.
- Frosty Marvin, “Do The Facts Support The Legend?” Written for The Dairy Goat Journal, (Vol. 64 No. 8) appearing in their August, 1986 publication.
If you have a minute to spare, please visit our “On a lighter note...” page. We think that you’ll enjoy it!